Our ecological commitment
Our environment is precious, it deserves all our respect
Very attached to its region and attentive to living in harmony with its environment, our family is committed to sharing its love of nature and the land with its hosts who come to seek in Thannenkirch, gentleness and authenticity.
This family passion takes on its full meaning in our commitment to respecting as best as possible this environment which is so precious to us. For this, we are part of a global environmental approach which is illustrated by our adherence in 2001 to the Charter of Natural Hotels of Regional Natural Parks of France, but also by our label Refuge LPO and since 2015, Hotel EcoLabel.
On a practical basis, for almost 20 years, we have been implementing measures and initiatives with the daily concern of minimizing the impact of our hotel activity on the environment and its natural resources:
- Optimization of water consumption (installation of flow reducers on the taps ...) and improving their properties (installation of the Grander water system treating water by vivification).
- Reduction in electricity consumption (hotel almost entirely fitted with low-consumption LED bulbs, wood chip boiler, etc.)
- Selective waste sorting:, compost, and organic waste management by Agrivalor (Production of hot water and electricity)
- Elimination of single-use plastic glasses
- Use of ecological cleaning products
- Organic welcome products (soap in dispenser which are restocked)
- Favor of short circuits and promotion of local products (purchases of local products, promotion of regional products)
- Development of outdoor spaces (member of the Bird Protection League, construction of nesting boxes ...)
If, like us, you are sensitive to good environmental practices and your carbon footprint, you will appreciate staying with us and joining us in our approach.